The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture and Media and Sport.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
We strongly believe that engagement in a range of physical activities will lead us to realise our vision for the children at Greenleaf Primary School. We believe that physical activity is essential to a child’s well-being and through our provision we aim to:
- Foster a love for and enjoyment of being active.
- Develop ‘fitness for life’ through promoting the health benefits of regular exercise.
- Identify talents.
- Develop self-esteem, confidence and social skills.
- Contribute to the physical development of each child.
- Give children a way of expressing themselves and an opportunity to be creative.
- Develop a range of skills that can be applied in other contexts.
- Give children the opportunity to try out activities that they would not otherwise have access to.
Principles informing the use of the PE and Sport Premium:
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport that they offer.
It should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that the school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
We ensure the successful expenditure of the PE and Sports Premium by:
- ensuring the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- raise the profile of PE and sport across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- ensuring that a broad range of sports and activities is offered to all pupils
- ensuring an participation in competitive sport
PE and Sports Premium Reports
The yearly grant from the government has enabled us to continue to deliver high quality PE and sports.
In 2019/2020 we received Sports Premium Funding of £19,840. Please click here for information on how this was spent.